Monday 13.6 | Animated Enemy
Adding an animated enemy around which I will be building the enemy functionality hopefully within this week. As much as possible is yoinked from the player systems. Today I got the enemy's basic patroling movement and hit reaction working.
Enemy Animator System
I'll implemented enemy animations with a single Animator Controller and just change the animations within it using Animator Override Controllers.
Reacting to hits
I use a blend tree for changing the reaction direction. In the code I have an Enum that has the type of reactions and I use this when setting reactions, making the code a lot more readable.
- Import "Cool Guy" as enemy
- Old model I got from sketchfab some time ago (Heavily optimized)
- Animations from mixamo
- Model Machete
- Reacting to damage (Only gut atm other animations I got were from left and right and I'm going to be implementing those tomorrow)
- Set up everything ready for attacking
- Use the Weapon Manager that the player also uses (Just less detection points)
- EnemyBehaviour (The script every enemytype script will inherit from)
- CoolGuy (The enemytype specific script, atm empty)
- Stolen from player
- Using Animator Override Controller as a animator controller prefab
- Patrolling is the same as what the old enemies' had
- Fixed bug with player's attack cooldown