After yesterday's coding I took this day a little more chill and did some animating and unity animator work.
Looking pretty janky at the moment, but almost everything is going to get polished.
I didn't find good animations from mixamo so I had to make them. So I added inverse kinematics to my rig to do them in a timely manner and it's also beneficial for any probable animating in the future. IK turned out to be a problem when exporting the animations. I thought Blender would add keyframes to the constrained bones automatically when exporting, but this wasn't the case, I only got the old Unity rig to animate the root bone.
After a "little bit" of googling I found out about "baking actions" which saved the day. This feature creates a new action and basically creates keyframes for the constrained bones every "Frame Step".