Tuesday 21.6 | Fixing Combat

Platformer Prototype

Not much to show today because I'm still fixing combat. I did get it to a point where I can control the difficulty pretty well and it doesn't have too many bugs. I will take the time to make it fun later, because right now I'm not sure what I should do to it and I have more important things to implement such as stealth.

Refactoring Combat Code

After getting frustrated for the fifteenth time I decided to move the whole combat code to the behaviour tree. Before I had the attacking in EnemyBehaviour being controlled from the behaviour tree with a boolean but this caused many headaches as I thought it might. After the refactor, everything got a lot easier to debug and work on.


Day's Work

  • Refactoring enemy combat code
    • Totally in the behaviour tree now